Did you realise that Dynamic Earth is not just for your pupils? That’s right! Our Learning Team can offer a range of CLPL workshops and learning experiences designed to stimulate creative thinking and new ways to deliver STEM learning in the classroom. Workshops can be delivered either at Dynamic Earth or as part of an outreach programme to your school – please see the Learning Section of our website for more information!
We also host various networking events throughout the year, and kicking off the 2019 schedule, we have a fantastic line-up of exhibitors at our Raise Edinburgh CLPL networking event. This will be taking place here at Dynamic Earth from 16:00 – 19:00 on the 31st January (drinks & refreshments will be provided!)
This FREE event was fully booked in 2018 – so reserve your space now to avoid disappointment!
One of the evening’s highlights will be a talk and workshop with the award-winning Science Ceilidh on research and strategies around exploring science with movement and arts. Their presentation will include a demonstration with local pupils as part of a new "STEAM" Edinburgh Youth Music Initiative resource.
Although the workshop will be tailored for Primary teachers, the initial talk on teaching strategies and research, and resources available from Science Ceilidh and other providers will also be relevant for Early Year Practitioners and High School educators.
If you have an idea, activity or resource on creative and interdisciplinary STEM learning to share, there are slots available for a “Teach-meet” table to meet with other practitioners during the evening. Our Marketplace of exhibitors sharing new ideas and resources will include the following:
- How to foster creative scientists with Dynamic Earth
- The sell-out biology-musical The Mould that Changed the World
- Physics of Potions workshops with University of Edinburgh School of Physics
- Outdoor activities with the Holyrood Park Ranger Service
- Creative maths with the University of Edinburgh School of Mathematics
- Colours and light experiments with University of Edinburgh School of Chemistry
- The Association for Science Education (The ASE)
- Small stories with the Institute of Physics Scotland
- Hands-on science activities from the real labs at the Easter Bush Science Outreach Centre
We look forward to exchanging ideas and looking at exciting new ways to inspire your pupils!
If you have any questions at all about our CLPL workshops or events, please contact our Learning Manager, Anna Danby - firstname.lastname@example.org