It’s not just about the pupils, we also offer the opportunity for teachers to develop or refresh their own knowledge and skills. We often run partnership events supporting the delivery of a wide variety of STEM subjects in innovative ways as well as our CLPL workshops. We also offer free familiarisation visits for teachers, giving you the chance to experience the centre and facilities for yourself - please contact us in advance to arrange this.
We often team up with partners such as ScotDec, Edinburgh Primary Science Network and the RSPB to offer one-off CLPL events covering a range of STEM learning areas. Be sure to keep an eye on our website or sign up to the Learning E Newsletter for more information on these opportunities!
Our CLPL workshops can be delivered in-house at Dynamic Earth or as an outreach session in your schools. Our experienced Learning Team holds a wealth of experience and are always happy to tailor content to particular aims if possible. If you are interested in any of our CLPL offerings, please get in touch for more details, prices and availability.
Explore the importance of creativity within the sciences. By approaching science from a new angle, you will discover ways to enthuse and engage children in science using the creative arts. All activities are designed to be easily reproduced in the classroom or school playground, with minimal resource costs and using recycled items or readily available materials.
Now available as an online course!
Free resource pack for every participant.
Supports cross curricular CfE first & second level experiences and outcomes.
Outdoor Learning in Practice:
All of our outdoor workshops are available as CLPL options. We can run them for groups of teachers to demonstrate best practice outdoors and showcase activities. Alternatively, if you are looking to increase your confidence in taking your class outside, participating in one with your pupils is a great way to be able to see how they respond to learning outside in a supported manner.
CLPL ONLINE - Creative Science
Online Professional Learning Course Launch
Thanks to funding from Education Scotland the Dynamic Earth Learning Service are offering a whole new way for teachers to participate in Professional Learning via our Online CLPL courses. We would like to invite all teachers, CLD professionals and other educational practitioners to sign up now to our first course: “Creative Science Online”
- Completely FREE online professional learning for educators, exploring the intrinsic link between STEM and creativity
- Running from the 4th - 29th November 2019 with new content added every week (each session should only require about 20-30 minutes of your time)
- Learning is facilitated via informative videos featuring experts from across the sciences, downloadable BGE curriculum-linked resources, and discussion forums to share ideas. We also encourage spending time trying out some of the activity suggestions with your learners.
- It has been developed with, and for, predominantly Primary teachers and CLD practitioners, however the course is open to all education professionals.
- Week 4 will offer the chance to join a webinar led by Dynamic Earth staff. All participants from across Scotland will be invited to reflect on the impact that thinking creatively about STEM has had on their approach to teaching.
Sign up online here!
To reiterate, these sessions are completely free of charge and we would love educators from all areas of Scotland to get involved! If you have any questions or require further information, please get in touch with the Dynamic Earth Learning team by emailing CLPLonline@dynamicearth.co.uk