Take a guided tour with one of our Education Officers to discover the amazing and violent geological history of Scotland as told in the rocks of Arthur's Seat. Use your detective skills to investigate evidence for ancient tropical seas, track down an ice rock and discover a 350 million year old lava flow.
- Example risk assessments
- Introduction to our FREE to download app Rock Opera
- Suitable for non-specialist teachers.
Suggested (but not exhaustive) kit list:
With the weather being so interesting and varied in Scotland, we do recommend you check the weather forecast the afternoon before your visit, we use the Met Office and locate it to 'Duddingston'. We will always endeavor to make the best of any inclement days but please do be aware that bad weather or a lack of appropriate clothing may result in a shorter activity on the day.
- Good, sturdy footwear (non -slip soles and ankle support if possible)
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over trousers (or hardwearing trousers that dry quickly)
- Warm Layers (jumper and/or fleece)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Water/Water Bottle
- Sun Cream
- Sun Hat
*Not all of these items may be needed and they can be left at Dynamic Earth while on the walk but it is best to come prepared for any changes in the weather.