APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2022-23 SCHOOL DISCOVERY PASS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Previously known as the "Golden Ticket", we have relaunched the scheme for the 2022-23 academic year, and re-branded as the School Discovery Pass. The new scheme allows Dynamic Earth to support a limited number of schools across Scotland who wouldn’t usually be able to visit the centre and experience our Learning Programme for a variety of different reasons.
Situated in the heart of Edinburgh at the foot of an ancient volcano, Dynamic Earth is the only centre of its kind dedicated to telling the story of planet Earth. The School Discovery Pass will allow you and your pupils free access to our immersive, multi-sensory exhibition (including our BRAND NEW Discover the Deep gallery!) and a state of the art 360° Planetarium experience, complemented by workshops (both indoors and out) which are linked intrinsically to the Curriculum for Excellence and Learning for Sustainability.
How does the School Discovery Pass work?
Discovery Pass 2022-23: Terms & Conditions
- Your School Discovery pass allows every class in your school to experience the Dynamic Earth exhibition, an interactive workshop or storytelling session and a Planetarium experience for free within the course of the academic year 2022-2023.
- Transport Subsidy will be provided for schools receiving the pass to assist you with travel costs to Dynamic Earth.
- Your School Discovery Pass cannot be used for bookings in the months of May & June. We would encourage you to utilise your pass at quieter times of year or visit to introduce new class topics as opposed to end of term trips. Bookings can made be for trips from the beginning of the new term in August.
- Your School Discovery Pass is non transferrable and is unique to your school.
- If you are applying as a teacher in a primary school or ASN setting - you agree to cascade information on the School Discovery Pass to your colleagues across the school so all classes can benefit from the programme.
- If you are applying as a Secondary School teacher - we advise you to apply as a representative from a named department within the school and pupils across year groups/levels will benefit from the School Discovery pass through trips organised through your department. Please contact us if you have any questions about how best to frame your application to make best use of the pass in your school setting.
By taking part in the School Discovery Pass scheme, you agree to:
- Make pro-active use of the pass to benefit as many learners in your school as possible.
- Complete feedback opportunities from Dynamic Earth on your trip and experience so we can report to our funders and supporters, and continuously improve our learning & engagement programme.
- Post about your experience and tell others about it through social media, your school website/blog and or school newsletters to your community - as much as you and your school are able to do! We will include your school badge on our website and promotional materials associated with the School Discovery Pass.
- Nominate a member of staff from your school to be part of our Teacher Network - which provides you with an opportunity to feed into new Dynamic Earth products as they're being developed and shape our offering to schools.
Applications for 2022/23 are now closed - recipients will be notified directly.
Please contact email@example.com if you would like any further information.