Dynamic Earth is temporarily closed inline with Scottish Government Guidelines due to the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) situation. While you cannot visit our centre in person at the moment we are sharing new, fun and thought provoking content throughout the week ranging from hands-on experiments that you can carry out at home, to fascinating insights about the history of our planet and the science behind climate change. Click here to view If you are an Annual Explorer pass holder please note that we have frozen all accounts and will extend these one we re-open to ensure a full years access is available. If you would like to get in touch regarding future school or community group work - or to enquire about booking event space with us please get in touch via the email address email@example.com Thank you!
We are delighted to be re-opening Dynamic Earth and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the centre. We want to ensure that we re-open the centre in a safe way and that we look after the health and wellbeing of you, our guests, and Dynamic Earth team members. To achieve this we have made a number of changes to the way we operate. The information provided below describes what you can expect when you visit Dynamic Earth, whether this will be your first time or if you are a returning visitor.
Please click here to view the latest Scottish Government COVID-19 advice
- Please ensure you have pre-purchased your tickets.
- We will check your tickets on arrival at the centre (your details will already have been collected for Track and Trace via the booking system).
- If you are using the Café, toilets, or gift shop you will be asked to provide track & trace contact information
- We will allocate your Dome Film Tickets (featuring our exciting new 6K projection system) on arrival.
- Team members will familiarise you with the layout of the guest services - toilets; Cafe location; Shop location; waiting areas; tour times and dome film announcements.
- For everyone's safety most Dynamic Earth team members will be wearing face coverings or masks and possible face visors (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- Team members may have to raise their voices to be heard through the face covering/mask/visor.
- There will be occasional times when team members will briefly remove their face coverings to do a presentation in the exhibition spaces. When this happens the team member will be a minimum of 2m away from any guest or other team member.
- We will ask guests (above the age of 5) to wear face coverings or masks. (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- We will maintain a 2m distance from you (it's nothing personal) and we would ask you to do the same.
- There will be additional signage and floor markings throughout the building to encourage social distancing.
- Our team members will actively encourage social distancing throughout your visit.
- Visitor capacities to Dynamic Earth have been reduced significantly (the centre will be much quieter than you have experienced in the past).
- Pre-booking tickets for specific arrival times helps us manage visitor flows.
- Queuing - even though we have reduced the number of tickets available, you may experience more queues throughout the building. We will work towards keeping these to a minimum.
- Exhibition Spaces:
- One way systems have been created within some exhibition spaces.
- Other exhibition spaces have specific areas for groups to stand - please follow the instructions from the team members in these areas.
- Some areas are 'free flow' and we will ask you to be aware of your space and the space of other groups in these areas (our team members will be in these areas to maintain cleaning and hygiene standards and to make sure you get the most out of the exhibition. Please make use of the hand sanitising stations as required.
- Under normal circumstances we aim for cleaning to be discreet. Please expect to see cleaning happening throughout the building (this may result in some additional waiting times)
- We are keeping the majority of our interactives open for guest enjoyment. These will be cleaned on a regular basis (please don't be surprised to see one of our Explorers with a cloth and bottle of sanitiser). Please make use of the hand sanitising stations in the gallery areas.
- Additional cleaners will be on duty constantly monitoring and maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Numerous hand sanitising stations are positioned throughout the building for your use.
- Dynamic Earth Exhibition
- Natural Selection Gift Shop
- Please use the hand sanitising station on entering the shop.
- Signage will encourage social distancing and team members will encourage this with all guests in the gift shop.
- We ask that you only touch or pick up items that you are considering buying.
- Team members will be on hand to help with any questions you may have.
- Till points have been fitted with Perspex screens. Please use contactless payment if possible.
- Food Chain Cafe
- You may need to queue to enter the Cafe.
- Team members will show you to a table that has been cleaned/sanitised.
- We will be offering a reduced menu in the Cafe via table service.
- Payment will be facilitated at your table. Please use contactless payment if possible.
- Toilets are well signposted within the building.
- We have reduced the number of guests within the toilet areas at any one time to maintain social distancing - this may result in a slightly longer wait time to use the toilet facilities.
- We have reduced the number of wash basins in operation to maintain social distancing.
- We have reduced the number of urinals in operation in the Men's toilets to maintain social distancing.
If you have any additional questions before you book your tickets or before your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to ensure that you are well informed about the changes to our operations. We have worked hard to ensure that your visit will be an enjoyable experience - in some ways, even better than usual, as you will have more space to enjoy the individual gallery spaces.