We are delighted to have re-opened Dynamic Earth and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the centre. We want to ensure that we re-open the centre in a safe way and that we look after the health and wellbeing of you, our guests, and Dynamic Earth team members. To achieve this we have made a number of changes to the way we operate. The information provided below describes what you can expect when you visit Dynamic Earth, whether this will be your first time or if you are a returning visitor.
- Please ensure you have pre-purchased your tickets.
- We will check your tickets on arrival at the centre (your details will already have been collected for Test and Protect via the booking system).
- If you are using the café, toilets, or gift shop you will be asked to provide track & trace contact information
- Team members will familiarise you with the layout of the guest services - toilets; cafe location; shop location; waiting areas; tour times and planetarium announcements.
- For everyone's safety most Dynamic Earth team members will be wearing face coverings or masks and possible face visors (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- Team members may have to raise their voices to be heard through the face covering/mask/visor.
- We will ask guests (12 or over) to wear face coverings or masks (unless they are exempt from doing so).
- While this is no longer a requirement, we are running at a reduced capacity to allow for distancing if necessary.
- Visitor capacities to Dynamic Earth have been slightly reduced.
- Pre-booking tickets for specific arrival times helps us manage visitor flows.
- Queuing - even though we have reduced the number of tickets available, you may experience more queues throughout the building. We will work towards keeping these to a minimum.
- Under normal circumstances we aim for cleaning to be discreet. Please expect to see cleaning happening throughout the building (this may result in some additional waiting times).
- We are keeping the majority of our interactives open for guest enjoyment. These will be cleaned on a regular basis (please don't be surprised to see one of our Explorers with a cloth and bottle of sanitiser).
- Additional cleaners will be on duty constantly monitoring and maintaining a clean and hygienic environment.
- Numerous hand sanitising stations are positioned throughout the building for your use.
- Natural Selection Gift Shop
- Please use the hand sanitising station on entering the shop.
- We ask that you only touch or pick up items that you are considering buying.
- Team members will be on hand to help with any questions you may have.
- Till points have been fitted with Perspex screens. Please use contactless payment if possible
- Food Chain Cafe
- Please use the hand sanitising station on entering the Cafe
- You may need to queue to enter the Cafe.
- You will be asked for contact information for Test and Protect purposes in-line with current Scottish Government advice.
- Team members will show you to a table that has been cleaned/sanitised.
- We will be offering a reduced menu in the Cafe via table service.
- Payment will be facilitated at your table. Please use contactless payment if possible.
If you have any additional questions before you book your tickets or before your visit, please contact us at email@example.com.
We want to ensure that you are well informed about the changes to our operations. We have worked hard to ensure that your visit will be an enjoyable experience - in some ways, even better than usual, as you will have more space to enjoy the individual gallery spaces.